Some hyperlinks beneath could also be affiliate hyperlinks which signifies that you don’t pay anymore, nevertheless, any buy will end in a small fee to this website.
Sorts of Felt
So, what varieties of felt can you narrow? That basically is dependent upon what kind of machine you might have.
- Cricut Discover Air 2: You may reduce the Cricut felt with no backing or common felt from the craft retailer with warmth and bond added to the again. Thicker felts won’t work effectively with this machine.
- Cricut Maker: You may reduce all of the felt! I’ve reduce all the things from Cricut felt to common felt to tremendous thick wool felt all with no backing and no points!
Need to see pattern cuts from several types of felt? Click on right here to learn extra!
What Cricut blade cuts felt?
The blade you employ is once more going to depend upon which machine you might be utilizing.
- Bonded cloth blade – I’d use this for many felt thicknesses within the Cricut Discover Air 2.
- High-quality level blade – If you’re utilizing the Cricut felt, you must have the ability to use this blade in your Cricut Discover Air 2.
- Deep reduce blade – You may do that for bonded felt that may be a bit thicker in your Cricut Discover Air 2.
- Rotary blade – In case you have the Cricut Maker, I’d fingers down advocate this for any thickness of felt. It cuts like a dream!
Chopping Felt with Cricut Discover Air 2
Chopping felt with the Cricut Discover Air 2 is a little bit of a problem in that the cuts aren’t at all times clear. However it’s completely doable. Here’s a rundown of the varieties of felt and learn how to reduce them together with your machine.
- Cricut Felt – Use the positive level blade and put the felt straight on the mat. Please notice that felt tends to depart fairly a little bit of fiber in your mat so it could should be cleaned extra rapidly.
- Common Felt – You will want so as to add some form of backer. Attempt a warmth n bond materials. As soon as the backing is added, put the fabric in your mat and use the bonded cloth blade for chopping.
- Thick Felt – Once more it’ll want a backer, however you could want your deep reduce blade relying on how thick it’s. The thicker felts might not reduce in any respect on the Cricut Discover Air 2.
Chopping Felt with Cricut Maker
If you’re fortunate sufficient to have a Cricut Maker, it cuts felt like a dream! How one can reduce felt together with your Cricut Maker? It’s so simple! For ANY felt, simply add it to the mat and when the machine prompts you to select a blade click on “edit instruments.” Decide the rotary blade as an alternative of no matter blade it’s indicating to chop felt. Then reduce away! I’ve had one of the best luck with the rotary blade when chopping initiatives and I’ve accomplished a ton of them!
I’d advocate utilizing the pink cloth mat with felt and the Maker. Keep in mind that you’ll wreck the mat extra rapidly because the fiber from the felt will shed excessively.
Suggestions for Chopping Felt with Cricut
Listed below are a couple of ideas and tips I’ve discovered from doing a ton of initiatives and experiments with felt and each machines.
- Intricate cuts might not work it doesn’t matter what you do. Some cuts are going to simply be an excessive amount of for the felt materials. I do nevertheless get higher and extra intricate cuts with my Maker and the rotary blade.
- You could have to experiment with machine settings particularly in case you are chopping thicker items of felt. Decide what you assume the fabric is like. For example, you could choose denim as an alternative of felt as you might be chopping a very thick piece. Simply watch the machine fastidiously as it’s chopping and modify if wanted.
- To make one other reduce in your materials simply click on the “C” button once more earlier than unloading your mat. This lets you experiment with supplies with out ruining a ton of it.
Felt Initiatives to Attempt
Now that you understand how to chop felt together with your Cricut, what are you able to make? Listed below are some pattern initiatives to make use of together with your machine.
So, now that you understand how to chop felt with Cricut, are you able to make all of the issues? Chopping felt with Cricut is tremendous simple and one thing that you must positively strive. You can be hooked on all the no-sew initiatives irrespective of when you’ve got a Cricut Discover Air 2 or a Cricut Maker. In case you have any extra questions on chopping felt together with your Cricut, you should definitely go away them within the remark part beneath.
Success! Now test your e mail to verify your subscription.